Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full Outdoor Retreat Trailer Coming Next Week (A Partiel New One Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Comments

• Options
    I like the bathroom.
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Well thats nice, but can they not actually post things on their official forums? Why do they have to coerce us and dangle carrots in front of us to join twitter?

I already joined last year but c'mon. They're just teasing now. What if they don't get enough subscribers? Do we not get a trailer at all? This marketing is getting ridiculous.

The release date must be getting close with the full trailer coming soon.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    They're not asking for a certain number of subscribers before they release the trailer, they're just saying the trailer is coming out next week, subscribe to them so you know when they post it.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    that tweet didnt say anything about needing a amount of subcribers it was telling us about the trailer
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2015
    Well thats nice, but can they not actually post things on their official forums? Why do they have to coerce us and dangle carrots in front of us to join twitter?

I already joined last year but c'mon. They're just teasing now. What if they don't get enough subscribers? Do we not get a trailer at all? This marketing is getting ridiculous.

Or, if they're just now giving us a trailer, next week, they're stringing it out even further along. I'm sorry, I know I'm coming across really crabby but I think it's bad marketing to go onto your official forums and urge them to join twitter just so you can advertise your product. If you want to sell your product it should behoove you to advertise it in as many places as possible, regardless of if people are joining twitter or not.

Edit: I see the original post was incorrect that it's no longer about a specific number of subscribers, but they're still encouraging us to join twitter rather than advertise it both here and there. It's still bad marketing IMO.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited January 2015
    I like the bathroom.
    I agree
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Or, if they're just now giving us a trailer, next week, they're stringing it out even further along. I'm sorry, I know I'm coming across really crabby but I think it's bad marketing to go onto your official forums and urge them to join twitter just so you can advertise your product. If you want to sell your product it should behoove you to advertise it in as many places as possible, regardless of if people are joining twitter or not.

Good thing they didn't do that, then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fatbat21 wrote: »
    that tweet didnt say anything about needing a amount of subcribers it was telling us about the trailer

I read it wrong sorry but I'm glad we atleast got something new today.

• Options

Good thing they didn't do that, then.

Not exactly no, you're right. I've updated my post, I was going off the initial post.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »
    I like the bathroom.
    I agree

It looks like something you would see on a campground or in a national park. I'm betting it will be in buydebug as well to place in our other towns since we can now place a national park anywhere.

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I'm not subscribing. I'll just wait until next week. I don't know why they can't release the trailer now. If they think making me wait will get me hyped and excited, they are sadly mistaken...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Ooooo so there are swarms of bees! Cool. I also like the sound of the song which obviously is one you can play around the campfire. I really hope that this game is successful because imagine all the fun things they could do with different game packs! There are so many possibilities!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2015
    The bathrooms look authentic bathrooms that you expect to find at a primitive campground. So that's a plus for this pack. :)
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Ooooo so there are swarms of bees! Cool. I also like the sound of the song which obviously is one you can play around the campfire. I really hope that this game is successful because imagine all the fun things they could do with different game packs! There are so many possibilities!

Oh yeah the song. I bet that is one our sims can sing around the fire because it isn't shown in the soundtrack that comes with this GP.

• Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    But I don't want to deal with more advertisements just so I can watch the trailer. That, and I don't remember my log in information for Twitter! :o

@Jimil‌

Don't edit the quote. That's against the billion rules that the moderators imposed on this forum.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    The more I see of their advertising, the more clear it is I'm not their target audience :(

I wish they would at least post links here as well as social media. Glad the other players share it with us though, thank you @catloverplayer‌
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The sims 4 has the weakest marketing campaign I have seen in a long time. We've already seen everything in that teaser for the most part so I really just don't understand what kind of hype theyre trying to create with a 15 second clip of nothing. In all reality it goes to show this pack will likely be underdeveloped just like the base game.
  • Options
    The person singing in simish sounds like Roger Whittaker.
  • Options
    But I don't want to deal with more advertisements just so I can watch the trailer. That, and I don't remember my log in information for Twitter! :o

@Jimil‌

Don't edit the quote. That's against the billion rules that the moderators imposed on this forum.

Simsvip will have it on her site after it's released.

• Options
    The more I see of their advertising, the more clear it is I'm not their target audience :(

I wish they would at least post links here as well as social media. Glad the other players share it with us though, thank you @catloverplayer‌

I agree (to both parts here) They should hire CLP to their company, he does a better job of marketing their game on here than they do.

And yeah, I don't really like ready twitters tweetings to get my information. it's why I'm on the official forum.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    I like the bathroom.
    I agree

It looks like something you would see on a campground or in a national park. I'm betting it will be in buydebug as well to place in our other towns since we can now place a national park anywhere.

those bathrooms exist already :p just not decorated with the mascot
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Here are the pictures

B6r4heiCIAAifW6.png

B6r4HrNCMAA1oaV.png
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    BEEES!!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BEEES!!
    giphy.gif

Boy that would hurt. I've been stung by bees and wasps and it really hurts. A finger sting is very painful from bees. Last time I was stung I got too close to a wasp nest I didn't see and they got me on my lips,ears and neck. I had to go to the emergency room. I got hit by 3 wasp and they actually chased me.